Monday, November 14, 2005

touchstone for class?

A while back, Will Shetterly posted a great touchstone for class – how many teeth do you have? In your life, do you get $1500 root canals, or $100 extractions?


I just found another one, maybe. Give me some feedback, y'all.

If your TV screen goes to blue, and the cable goes off, does it occur to you to look outside and see if it’s just because a repair guy is fixing the next door neighbor’s cable, or do you keep sitting there, maybe pick up a magazine, figuring it’s shut-off time again?

What'd'ya think? Class, or something else?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good one, but it depends on where you live. Once, I cancelled my cable, and it didn't shut off for more than 6 months. :-)

The blackout one might be better? If your lights go off, do you go outside and look and see if everyone else's lights are off, or figure it's shut-off time again?

Cindy said...

/you're right, I think Michelle, I read my post to Beck, and she said,

"You should have said the lights instead of cable.
Every time the lights go out I say, 'Shit, I thought I sent it in on time.'"