Tuesday, March 28, 2006

10 things I believe without much evidence

Tip o' the hat to This Girl Remembers for tagging us all here.
For me, this category of "things I believe" is much ado about contradictions.

1. There's no such thing as ghosts. Except for that one I saw that one time.
2. There's no such thing as TV preacher style Faith Healing, but in little ways, like how I can usually make people's hiccups stop, (which, really at this exact moment might be more about what you have to believe without much evidence) we can intervene in the solid world around us.
3. The world is connected and interconnected in a bzillion ways, and it is when sitting on a large rock by the ocean or holding a baby that it's easiest to believe.
4. All those people who say that in their previous lifetime they were the Queen of Sheba, or an "Indian Princess"-- they weren't.
5. In another dimension, me, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, and Rosie O'Donnell are best friends.
6. When I was a kid I thought I saw a UFO, but it was only deer poachers.
7. There is hope for salvation for George W. but it would cost him more than he's willing to spend.
8. I can't sell my books at a tag/garage sale, because all my intelligence and wit are stored in them and I must have them near me at all times or the stuff will leak out of my brain.
9. I regularly believe that this time I can shovel/mow the lawn without hurting my back because I'll be extra careful.
10. The correct way to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is to put peanut butter on a piece of (gluten-free) bread, then, as you eat it from a corner, put dabs of jelly on one bite at a time with the knife going in and out of the jar of jam so no one else wants to eat out of it.

No comments: