Monday, January 21, 2008

I seem to be morally average, and I'm not sure how I feel about that

A nod to Steve Caldwell for pointing out Two online quizzes on God at The Philosopher's Magazine on the Net. I started looking around the site. Great opportunities for COA and YRUU application. I took the Morality Play quiz, a more philosophical version of the values clarification exercises we did in the 70's. Turns out I'm average in terms of my moral parsimony. Parsimony. Great word. Means something along the lines of frugality and tightness in regards to clarity and internal consistency. See also Occam's Razor.

Actually, it said I'm average in terms of my moral parsimony for people my age. I may have to go back and answer it the same way, then say that I'm 20 and see how I compare.

It was forced choice exercise however, and I was often forced into the most true answer. I kept wanting a third option "find another way." (In another quiz, Taboo, I kept wanting another option as well "not morally wrong, but gross." Please note, there is no direct link to Taboo from this blog because it is most definitely not for church use with minors.)

This is the link directly to the games page.

1 comment:

Lizard Eater said...

Thanks for the morality quiz. I'm emailing the link to my ethics prof.

Squirmy test, isn't it!