Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Unitarian Schism?

I was recently reminded about the Unitarian Jihad Name Generator, having noticed what might have been the best name ever. I realized that having been abstinent from the ether/internet world for so long, I might have been reborn as a new and different person, so I went over to see what my name is currently.

But I find myself in a conundrum of great magnitude. I did not realize a schism has developed.

And this schism is clearly of greater concern to the Unitarians involved than, say, boycotting a national democratic decision making event, for someone has already decided not to remain in community and struggle over their differences, but I don't know what those differences were, or to which group I belong, and which name I should accept?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Spikey Mace of Looking at All Sides of the Question.


Get yours.


But the First Reformed Unitarian Jihad says that my name is


My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother/Sister Gatling Gun of Courteous Freedom. What's yours?


Oh to decide my jihadian fate without the context of theological specificity or the subtext of comprehension of a denominational schism. I fear I may accidentally join the wrong group and go to hell.

Oh. Right. No Hell.

Unitarian Universalist.

Phew.


P.S. Made you look.

No comments: